Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Why I Love Being A Waitress

I love when I wait on parties of at least 10. I do really good with a lot of people. I love it even more when they tell my boss that I did a wonderful job, it really is something I have learned to appreciate. Even more so when my general manager doesn't really think I was that good when I started, but I have gotten a whole lot better. I guess it's one of the perks of being a waitress.
One time, I had a party of 32 people. And I was the only person who was handling this party. Let me tell you how terrifying it was. After I got all of there food out, and they had eaten, they were doing very good. Until they had me split up there check, ten different ways. While I was trying to split up the check, all by myself, mind you. One lady came up to me and started yelling about how I needed my manager and everyone else to help me because I was being to slow and they needed to get home. After I gave them all their bills, they only left me $13 as a tip. And one person lied and refused to pay for half of their ticket. Oh, and then they called corporate and complained about my service. That alone scared me so much I didn't want to take big parties ever again.
But the more parties I took that were less than twenty, the more confident I became. Now, when I get big parties, they tell me how I did an excellent job, and they tip me very generously.

2 comments:

  1. I am glad you enjoy being a waitress. I have a friend who waitresses and she says its tough and you have to have a lot of patience sometimes. I too am a person who likes to deal with a lot of people. I'm glad being a waitress isn't stressful, at least yet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your topic can be interesting. I think you need to work on breaking down your paragraphs and making sure all your posts have a point, or goal. While interesting, I'm just not sure where your posts are going.

    Think about how you would write if this were for a column in a magazine, maybe.

    ~Zoe.

    ReplyDelete