Thursday, September 20, 2012

Why I Don't Like To Expo

On Sunday, I expoed at work, Usually, I love it, this time I didn't, however. I was getting yelled at for everything, nothing was going right, and a couple of the girls were on edge. It's understandable, I guess. I could have done my job better, I could have helped out more, and I could have not been on everyone's toes that day.
So here is how you should handle a bad day of expoing.
1. Stay in your designated area. Don't run around the restaurant trying to balance everybody's load at once.
2. Look at the food you are pulling, and if you need help, don't hesitate to ask the cooks, or other servers.
3. Keep it simple, keep it concise, be polite. Everyone else is having a bad day, try to make it stress free around you.
4. Just remember, they have to expo too.
5. Take a deep breath, and remember, you can do this.

2 comments:

  1. That is cool. Money is always cool, haha. :)

    Maybe you should have added at the end that this kind of situaion is why customers should be nice to the people that are serving them, because you're humans too and have bad days.

    ~Zoe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We all have those kind of days. Sometimes when people act that way, it makes me want to just be that much better. I work with helping people out every day with tutoring. Sometimes it tests my patients, but getting the reward of money at the end of the day is worth it! :)

    ReplyDelete