Monday, September 3, 2012

Hostessing and Waitressing

There is one girl I hostess with who isn't very good.  She told a party of five they would be sat in 20 minutes, but she didn't tell me that said party was even in the restaurant so while I'm sitting the door, she gets an attitude and snottily tells me that I forgot about this party and the lady in this group was acting like she was traumatized because she wasn't able to eat her food. The other thing about this incident that drives me crazy is that this party of five were told they would only have to wait 20 minutes. When we have eight tables inside of this restaurant that can seat up to six people.  A party of five or six should be told they will wait AT LEAST thirty minutes and a party of seven or more are told they will have to wait AT LEAST 45 minutes to one hour. Those are our policies, and we follow them very strictly. Another part of Saturday hostessing that I didn't like was when this same hostess, mind you, told another party of five they would be sat very swiftly. Then she tried to tell me they were getting impatient because they weren't being sat quickly enough, and I was skipping over their party and seating everyone else. I was sitting every party that I could when I had the room, and when this conversation came up, I told this hostess that when I had room, I would seat this five top, since I didn't have room however, I wouldn't. I guess this party didn't like my response, and they thought it would be a good idea not to tip their waitress, because they didn't get a chance to be sat, just yet

1 comment:

  1. A lot of people take waitresses for granteed. Food service isn't about getting right good meal, its about the service. I praise you for this job.

    ReplyDelete