Sunday, October 14, 2012

When Your Hard Work is Appreciated

This last Sunday, I hostessed. Many of the regulars who come into my restaurant know that I both waitress and hostess, they also know the only thing I don't know how to do is cook. I was on a roll this morning, I had tables sat as soon as customers were leaving. One group in particular were seven people. Now, normally, we're supposed to tell tables it will be 45 minutes to an hour wait if it's seven or more, cause that's usually how long  they have to wait. After they were told how long it would be, I had them sat. They were so impressed with how speedily I was at seating them, they tipped me five dollars. There is a lesson in this. Most people don't like being told they have to wait up to an hour to eat when they are hungry. Just doing this small deed, I was tipped money I shouldn't have been, and they assured me they would tip their server very nicely. The nice thing about them tipping me was their waitress didn't have to tip share.


2 comments:

  1. That's cool. Good on you and good on them for tipping. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you got a good tip!
    Also, I'm loving what you did with your new blog. Very cute layout :)

    ReplyDelete