Thursday, November 1, 2012

Days I Feel Proud

I trained a new girl on how to be a hostess two weeks ago. Let me just tell you, she is my pride and joy. She just started working, and she is able to handle hostessing in a very professional manner. She uses common sense when she is stuck, and she's willing to learn. Her name is Taylor, and she is probably the best hostess I have yet to meet.

So how did Taylor become such an amazing hostess?
First of all, she was taught the first day which tables could seat how many guests.
Second, she was told the wait times for every group of people that would come in.
Third, she learned that it was okay to skip guests over because we didn't have accomidations for them.
Fourth, she learned how to scoout before she learned how to great.
Fifth, she was able to remember to get menu's.

These are the same rules I was taught when I began hostessing, and she is the first hostess who was able to grasp these tips that I have helped train.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats! I'm glad you trained her well :) She seems like she will turn into a great waitress, thanks to the help of you!

    ReplyDelete